Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Getting to know me!

Hey everyone! I am Jessica McIlwain a sophomore here at USA! I am a transfer student from Faulkner State Community College, so this is my second day of school at South. I haven't had the best two days of my life but I hope I will like it more after I get adjusted. I am an elementary education major in hopes of one day teaching the 1st or 2nd grade. I love kids very much and can't wait to get into the classroom!

I work at Mobile Surgery Center where I am a business office clerk. Basically I file charts, get patient charts ready for the next day, do medical records, op notes and anything else that they find for me to do. I have worked there for two years now and I have to say it is a pretty good job most of the time.

I am originally from Silas, AL which is in Choctaw County. I graduated in 2006 from Millry High School. I moved to Mobile in June of 2006 and started at Faulkner State that fall. I couldn't wait to leave that small, small town, but the longer I am in Mobile the more I can't wait to get back!

I am 20 years old and live with my cousin and a friend of mine in a town house behind the Academy Sports and Outdoors. I am the oldest of two girls. My sister is one of my best friends. She is on the dance team at Millry High School and I try my best to never miss a game. I have been dating a guy for 6 years now and he recently moved to Troy, AL to finish his degree. I love to spend time with my family and friends. I am a Grey's Anatomy freak! I never miss a show!

4 comments:

Ken said...

I bet Academy Sports is booming this time of year with school starting.

Lauren Lewis said...

Hey Jessica I know how it is transfering from a small school. I hope the semester will be better than your first couple of days. The first days are hard that is what I am going through now. Good luck with everything.

Kdub said...

I love Grey's Anatomy too. I cry during it all of the time. It is actually pretty sad.

Kristen Stringfellow said...

My mom was from a small town, I know how you feel, She wants to move back to the small town life so much !